I am a first-year Ph.D. student at the College of Information Studies (iSchool), University of Maryland, College Park, where I work with my advisor Dr. Ge Gao. My research interest lies in the areas of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW). I apply both qualitative and quantitative methods to my research on multilingual communication, crowdsourcing, and online communities.
Previously, I obtained a B.E. degree in Computer Science and Technology from the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC, 电子科技大学) in 2018, and a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities in 2019. I was lucky to be an undergraduate research assistant supervised by Dr. Haiyi Zhu and Dr. Lana Yarosh at Grouplens Research.
Here is my CV [last update: Dec-2019].
- May 2020: Present our empirical studies on bike-sharing programs and participatory sensing at 2020 HCIL Symposium!
- Dec 2019: Our paper “Engaging the Commons in Participatory Sensing:Practice, Problems, and Promise in the Context of Dockless Bikesharing” has been accepted to CHI 2020 in Hawaii, US. [led by Dr. Ge Gao]
- Aug 2019: Begin my first semester in Maryland!
- May 2019: I will present our group project for the CHI 2019 Student Design Competition with Tab Zhang in Glasgow, UK.
- May 2019: My visualization project advised by Prof. Keefe about the geographic understanding of sharing economy in St. Paul will be presented at Bell Museum.[led by Yongle Zhang]
- Apr 2019: I am presenting my UROP project about Science Communication on Twitter with Leyi Sun at the UMN 2019 Undergraudate Research Symposium. [led by Yongle Zhang & Leyi Sun, advised by Estelle Smith]
- Mar & Apr 2019: I decided to join the University of Maryland for my graduate study.
- Jan 2019: Our work “HelloBox: Creating Safer and Kid-friendly Communities” got accepted by the CHI Student Design Competition [13% acceptance rate; led by Yongle Zhang & Tab Zhang].
- Dec 2018: My application for research funding was approved by the Undergraudate Research Office at U of Minnesota.
- Jun 2018: Joining Dr. Lana Yarosh‘s ProDUCT Lab as a research assistant.
- Jan 2018: Starting to work with Dr. Haiyi Zhu as a research assistant at Grouplens.
**Photo credits go to Yongle